Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba firts DC fail over

No, the question is about your client machine. Who are the DNS servers configured on it? Does it have a second dns server configured? If it uses your first DC as DNS, and you take that DC offline, who the client machine will query for domain info?

As for the issue below it is normal. Every DC registers an "A" record for your domain name. When you use dig, it will retrieve all "A" entries for "domain_name", but when you ping it, one of the A records will be selected at random and used to be the target for ping. You can do a "ipconfig /flushdns" to force the client machine to try and find a different address for ping.

Regards,
Vinicius.