Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba share management / connection problem

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 15:22:44 +0100
basti via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have setup and ADDC and an file server.
> On fileserver i can see domain users with wbinfo and getent passwd.
>
> When I try to manage a share on the fileserver
> (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_Share_Using_POSIX_ACLs)
> I get an error "Computer cannot be managed. Verify that the network
> path is correct ...." and after that "you do not have permission to
> see the list of shares for windows clients samba"

Are you trying to manage the share from windows ?

>        # - must not overlap with any domain ID mapping configuration!
>        # - must use an read-write-enabled back end, such as tdb.
>        idmap config * : backend = tdb
>        idmap config * : range = 1000-1005

I would love to know just how you plan to get the well known SIDs
inside 6 IDs (there are approx 100 of them)

Who owns the share and what permissions are set ?

By any chance is Apparmor or a firewall running ?