Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] One username for multiple clients?

Am 22.02.2017 um 12:44 schrieb Eric Altman via samba:
Simply put: We don't care about security at the office. Our current configuration is to have just one SMB user logged in on ALL machines. We've had a little bit of weirdness but can't pin it down.

besides that "We don't care about security at the office" is not very smart at all (you will regret it when the first client with a crypto malware starts to encrypt your shares and you don#t have a clue which of the 40 machines is infected) you need to describe "little bit of weirdness"

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

In other words, we have about 40 machines all connected to our shares with the same user "smb". Is there a problem with this?

normally not because it's pretty normal that a user has more than one connection