Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Setting Win ACLs via Comp Managment, connection to Member Server warning

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:56:35 -0600
Lin Pro <linforpros@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Question: What is the minimal set of Accounts that need to have UNIX
> atributes set in order to have a functional domain?
> (in my case I set Unix attributes on BUILTIN Administrators and Users,
> SAMDOM\<myusers>.)

Change the group ownership of the share:
chgrp 'Domain Admins' /path/to/share

As for minimal set of Unix accounts, you only really need Domain Users
and Domain Admins and if you are going to use GPOs, you would be better
off creating a new group, adding this to Domain Admins and giving this
a gidNumber, then use this group instead of Domain Admins.