Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] wbinfo -i returns the same id for all users, authentication doesn't seem to go through winbind at all

Le Sun, 19 Feb 2017 14:28:28 -0800
L A Walsh <samba@xxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> It may be irrelevant, but I have:
>
>   winbind enum groups = Yes
>   winbind enum users = Yes
>
> in mine.  The manpage makes no reference to 'enumerate' as a valid
> option.

Indeed. I remarked that samba often alternate spellings (like writable
and writeable or readonly) for the same meaning. In this particular
case it looks like only the short spelling works in versions around 4.2
at least.

Unfortunately if the option is accepted, it doesn't change the
behaviour:

id TESTAD\\testuser

returns "no such user" and

getent passwd TESTAD\\testuser