Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] wbinfo -i returns the same id for all users, authentication doesn't seem to go through winbind at all

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 19:52:35 +0100
Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:37:25 +0000
> Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:
>
> > Is 'winbind' installed and running ?
> >

> Yes it is. Isn't "wbinfo" supposed to go through winbind anyway?
> 'wbinfo -i TESTAD\\testuser' always returned something...

Yes, but you seem to have everything set up correctly and still doesn't
work.

I use Devuan and compile Samba myself and it just works.

I will set up debian in a VM and install the OS Samba packages and see
if I have problems, bear with me ;-)