Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] wbinfo -i returns the same id for all users, authentication doesn't seem to go through winbind at all

Le Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:03:33 +0000
Rowland Penny via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:41:06 +0100
> Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > OK, but getent and id return with error (id: no such user, getent:
> > return code 2). On the systems I've previously set up similarly
> > (Wheezy/Samba 3.6), id and getent work.
> >

> Is this before or after you tried my proposed smb.conf ?

# smbstatus

Samba version 4.2.14-Debian
PID     Username      Group         Machine            Protocol Version
23015     -1            -1            192.168.138.19
(ipv4:192.168.138.19:37058) NT1

Service      pid     machine       Connected at

No locked files

OK, so I've set it up exactly as per your example. I've changed  "map
to guest" to "Never", and then I can't login anymore even with
smbclient (well it sort of freezes):

# smbstatus

Samba version 4.2.14-Debian
PID     Username      Group         Machine            Protocol Version
23015     -1            -1            192.168.138.19
(ipv4:192.168.138.19:37058) NT1

Service      pid     machine       Connected at

No locked files

So that's the "map to guest" that maps everyone to nobody. So it looks
like not even samba authorization goes through winbind. I don't
understand at all what's happening...