Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] wbinfo -i returns the same id for all users, authentication doesn't seem to go through winbind at all

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:50:52 +0100
Emmanuel Florac via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:20:52 +0100
> Emmanuel Florac via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:
>

> I've added
>
> idmap config * : backend = tdb
> idmap config * : range = 10000-30000
>
> to smb.conf, and now 'wbinfo -i TESTDOMAIN\\user' returns correct ids.

Don't rely on 'wbinfo' it is meaningless to the underlying OS, use
'getent' instead.

> I've found in the FAQ a mention of this, however it's obsolete:

Which FAQ, where ?

> I have set up a domain member using the idmap_ad backend, but getent
> passwd and getent group does not show users or groups

This is correct, think about it, what if you 500,000 users or more ?

> If you want to show all users and groups, you will need to add these
> lines to smb.conf:
>
>    winbind enumerate users = yes
>    winbind enumerate groups = yes

Only do this for testing.

> These options are not recognized by 'testparm'.

Yes they are.