Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] wbinfo -i returns the same id for all users, authentication doesn't seem to go through winbind at all

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:20:52 +0100
Emmanuel Florac via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got a Debian/Jessie Samba 4.2.14 running as an AD member. ADC is
> a Windows2008R2 server.
>
> Here's the current smb.conf (as close to default as possible):

Try making it look like this:

[global]
    workgroup = TESTAD
    realm = TESTAD.lan # note: don't use .lan
    server role = member server
    security = ADS
    map to guest = Bad User # note: not a good idea

    syslog = 0
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 1000
    dns proxy = No
    usershare allow guests = Yes

    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
    idmap config SAMDOM : backend = rid
    idmap config SAMDOM : range = 10000-999999

    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = Yes
    store dos attributes = Yes

> here is /etc/nsswitch.conf (I've tried adding and removing 'winbind'
> from shadow, no change at all):

Remove it from shadow