Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] getent passwd user no output, addc + dm

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:44:51 +0100
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm.
>
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_winbind.so.2
> With samba 4.5
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=samba shows 4.5 in zesty.
> Did you recompile?
>
> Please post the output of : winbindd -V
> apt-cache policy winbind
>
> or if the 4.5. installed from source, if so, then you have a mixed
> setup of "source" and deb packages, and that wont work.
>
> If its from source, check for leftovers in ubuntu dpkg -l |egrep
> "samba|winbind"

Using a self-compiled version of Samba will work with the OS packages
installed, provided the PATH is set up correctly and the required
libnss_winbind links are set up correctly as well.

It does look like this is the problem, but one other thing I would
check, is nscd running, if so, turn it off, winbind has its own cache.

It might also help if the OP posted their smb.conf