Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Windows ACL clarification for Roaming Profiles share

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 17:13:25 +0100
Marc Muehlfeld <mmuehlfeld@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What uses the SYSTEM principal on the Sysvol share?

Not sure if anything actually uses SYSTEM on Unix, probably not.
However, SYSTEM is used in sysvol and Windows expects it.

> Is it really used (by what?) or do we just have this princial in the
> ACLs to be consistent with a Windows DC?

The pages the OP referred to, including the profiles page, don't seem
to agree with what the windows machines expect, see here for profiles:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj649079%28v=ws.11%29.aspx