Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 Problem Rename [SOLVED]

Thank you Rowland, your post was very helpful.

In one of your links I found "Do not use the same user names in the local /etc/passwd file as in the domain" and this statement did the trick. In Samba3 I had the same usernames for linux users and for samba users. But now in Samba4 acting as an AD PDC you obviously need different usernames.

Cheers
Bernhard