Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Users list and the date the password will expire

Ok, maybe I haven't understood your idea then.

Mine was: check a user's password expiry if (and only if)
- the account requires a password
- the password can expire
- the account isn't disabled

And those criteria are met if the userAccountControl value is "512".

Oh wait: as you are checking bits, you have the SmartCard case covered as well, right?

Ole