Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 Problem Rename

PDS is  a typo - sorry!
Should be PDC (primary domain controller)
And thank you for your hints - I'll try them and will report results

Regards
Bernhard

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 13:32:32 +0100
Bernhard Blasen via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've got a Problem using samba4 as PDS and Win7 Client.

What is a 'PDS' ??

I'm not able to rename a file in Windows Explorer. I can connect
shares. I can create, open and  write files but I cannot rename or
move them. If i try to i get a message "file xyz too big for target
file system".

OK, first make your Samba Active Directory DC smb.conf look like this:

[global]
     workgroup = MYWORKGROUP
     realm = MYWORKGROUP.LOCAL
     netbios name = FILESERVER
     dns forwarder = 192.168.2.1
     idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
     template shell = /bin/bash
     template homedir = /home/%U

[netlogon]
     path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/myworkgroup.local/scripts
     read only = No

[sysvol]
     path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
     read only = No

[Daten]
         comment = Datenverzeichnis
         path = /d2/Daten
         read only = No
         hide unreadable = yes

NOTE: you really shouldn't use '.local', if this really is your TLD,
then stop Avahi from running on the DC.

Next, go and read:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Implementing_roaming_profiles