Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] LDAP problem

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:15:06 +0000
Lukz Ferris via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Rowland,

I take it your ldap.conf now looks like this:

HOST devsamba.lucas.ufes.br
TLS_CACERT /usr/local/samba/private/tls/cert.pem
TLS_REQCERT demand

and the path to 'cert.pem' is correct for your installation

> ldapsearch -D "administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" -b
> "cn=users,cn=lucas,dc=ufes,dc=br" -H ldaps://devsamba.lucas.ufes.br
> -w 's3nh4.s3rv3r' sAMAccountName=administrator
> ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

All I can say is that it works for me, both on the DC and a domain
member.

> Thank you for the help. I don't know if it is a server machine's
> problem. Probably I'll backup and restore it or just set the server
> from the beginning...

Is something else getting in the way ? a firewall or selinux etc.