Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba-tool domain classicupgrade smb_krb5_context_init_basic failed (Invalid argument)

On Mon, 2017-02-13 at 10:00 +1100, Tom Robinson via samba wrote:
> On 12/02/17 03:13, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 12:34:23 +1100
> > Tom Robinson via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > I've grabbed samba 4.5.4 and customised an existing rpm spec
> > > file.
> > > Still some issues there.
> > >
> > > What replaces '--with-aio-support' in the configuration step now?
> > >

> > As far as I can see, nothing, see the 4.4.0 release notes here:
> >
> > https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.4.0.html
> >
> > Rowland
> >

> Thanks Rowland.
>
> Working through this build a few things have come up. The next is:
>
> pam_smbpasswd
>
> which appeared in the source (samba-4.3.13/source3/pam_smbpass) until
> samba-4.3.13 but I don't see
> any recognisable notes about the change not to including it after
> that.
>
> Any clues?

I'm sorry about the poor notice.  It looks like I failed to ensure this
was mentioned in the WHATSNEW:

commit 3c00e8d76a2ef6194a8ce522c15853e5b8e9262b
Author: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Sat Oct 10 08:45:41 2015 +1300

    pam_smbpass: REMOVE this PAM module

    This pam module causes GPLv3, thread-unsafe Samba code to be directly loaded
    into the address space of many system services.  The code in question was not
    expected to run in this context, and while using the Samba, rather than the system
    password file is a admirable goal, this needs to be done over inter-process
    communication, such as is done by pam_winbind.

    pam_winbind is not a total replacement, as the migrate functionality used
    to keep the Samba password up to date with the system password is not
    present, but otherwise can provide essentially the same services.

    Andrew Bartlett

    Signed-off-by: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@xxxxxxxxx>
    Reviewed-by: Jeremy Allison <jra@xxxxxxxxx>

Sorry,