Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba4 Problem Rename

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 13:32:32 +0100
Bernhard Blasen via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got a Problem using samba4 as PDS and Win7 Client.

What is a 'PDS' ??

> I'm not able to rename a file in Windows Explorer. I can connect
> shares. I can create, open and  write files but I cannot rename or
> move them. If i try to i get a message "file xyz too big for target
> file system".

OK, first make your Samba Active Directory DC smb.conf look like this:

     workgroup = MYWORKGROUP
     netbios name = FILESERVER
     dns forwarder =
     idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
     template shell = /bin/bash
     template homedir = /home/%U

     path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/myworkgroup.local/scripts
     read only = No

     path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
     read only = No

         comment = Datenverzeichnis
         path = /d2/Daten
         read only = No
         hide unreadable = yes

NOTE: you really shouldn't use '.local', if this really is your TLD,
then stop Avahi from running on the DC.

Next, go and read: