Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] FreeBSD-11 Samba44 DNS

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 20:17:11 -0500
"James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does this mean that I have missed a step in provisioning? Or does it
mean there is a defect in the packaging for FreeBSD?

I am wondering if you have actually fully provisioned. I have tried to
provision samba44 and, for some reason, it will not run the
provision command unless I run it interactively and when I do, it
segfaults.

Rowland

I also tried now to install and provision both samba43 and samba44 on FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p7. With samba43 it worked successfully (it had this problem previously, too). As for samba44, I could provision it on an i386 architecture, but on amd64 it segfaulted as usually.

When built from source, 4.4.9 doesn't segfault at provisioning on either architecture, so that's what I use for now.

Alnis