Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba AD domain member and home directory creation

Hi Dario,

On a Centos 7 minimal fresh install I have follow this howto:

http://www.hexblot.com/blog/centos-7-active-directory-and-samba

and I have Joining to an Active Directory server without problem.

The command "id administrator" work great, the home directory (/home/us
er@srl) is successfully created if I run "su - user" or "ssh
user@localhost" from a shell command.

Ad this point I have add the [homes] session to smb.conf

    [homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        browseable = No
        inherit acls = Yes
        read only = No
        valid users = %S %D%w%S

an also this work fine, but only if I run before "su - user" or I
create manually the user's home directory.

My question is:

    There is some way to create automatically this home directory when
    the user access to it the first time via smbclient or another WinPC?

you can add a "root preexec=/opt/create_home.sh " parameter [1] in the share definition and create the home and set the owner/mask in the shell script. As the name implies, it will execute the script as root before giving access to the share to the user. I have not tested it with selinux enabled though.

Cheers,

Denis

[1] https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smb.conf.5.html , search for "root preexec"

Many thanks.