Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Problems with samba 4.5.5

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 14:51:57 -0200
Marcio Demetrio Bacci <marciobacci@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> I have two DNS Servers. The First is installed in dedicated server
> Debian 7 and Bind9. Another is the Primary Domain Controller
> (SAMBA_INTERNAL) .

This is not a supported way of running Samba, you should be running the
dns server for the AD domain on the Samba AD DC and it should forward
anything outside the AD domain to your other dns server.

I know others might disagree with this and say 'it works that way for
me', but it isn't supported by Samba and can and does lead to errors.