Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Users list and the date the password will expire

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 12:21:35 +0100
Ole Traupe via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> NOBODY updates my scripts! Except whoever wants, of course. ;)
>
> Would you mind going into details regarding you changes?
>
> Ole

It will run a Samba AD DC and find the path to sam.ldb, this way it
work on any DC

It then finds the default naming context i.e.
DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
This way you don't have to enter it.
It then uses this in the searches

It also uses '(objectCategory=person)', this ensures you only get users
and not computers (you did know that a computer is also a user, didn't
you)

It uses the users 'msDS-UserPasswordExpiryTimeComputed' attribute
contents.

If a user doesn't change the password and it expires, it sends a
different email.