Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Users list and the date the password will expire

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 12:21:35 +0100
Ole Traupe via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> NOBODY updates my scripts! Except whoever wants, of course. ;)
> Would you mind going into details regarding you changes?
> Ole

It will run a Samba AD DC and find the path to sam.ldb, this way it
work on any DC

It then finds the default naming context i.e.
This way you don't have to enter it.
It then uses this in the searches

It also uses '(objectCategory=person)', this ensures you only get users
and not computers (you did know that a computer is also a user, didn't

It uses the users 'msDS-UserPasswordExpiryTimeComputed' attribute

If a user doesn't change the password and it expires, it sends a
different email.