Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] creating new users - missing uidNumber

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 11:55:11 +0100
"Stefan G. Weichinger via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 2017-02-02 um 11:25 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
>
> > If you use the Unix Attributes tab on ADUC, these are the attributes
> > that are used, but ADUC has the code to use them, samba-tool
> > doesn't!
>
> I (try to) see it from the user perspective:
>
> I as user want to create users that work in all my ADS-domain, on all
> of my samba-domain-member-servers, with as little overhead or
> additional administrative steps necessary.
>
> And I ask for how to do that.
>
> If we have to create users on ADUC, ok with me.
> If it is better to create them with samba-tool, ok as well.
>
> -> searching for the recommended way or "best practice"

Sorry, but you are preaching to the converted here ;-)

I have proposed patches to make samba-tool work more like ADUC, but
they have been rejected because 'we want to do something different',
but the 'different way' never appears.