Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] net ads and wbinfo are painfully slow -- but they work

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 1:12 AM, Rowland Penny via samba
<samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> He is also unlikely to be running avahi, he is using Freebsd 10.3

truss (like strace) showed that wbinfo, net, and sshd were all hanging
after system calls to getuid() and getpid().  At the time I thought it
was those calls that were slow but today I realize (although I don't
have access to the system today) that the slowdown was *after*
getuid()/getpid().

My suspicion is that "passwd: files winbind" is causing some low level
function to be very slow although I'm not sure which one yet.

Chris