Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Classic upgrade and member servers

All,

I'm migrating a samba3 domain to a new samba4 AD implementation.
The samba3 domain is at the top level corp.com, and after having read the naming FAQ we decided to create ad.corp.com for Samba4.

We're doing a test migration and so far things are going well. Part of test is migration of old samba servers, which involves joining them to AD, which creates a DNS record under ad.corp.com. Which means we need to rename and re-address them.

Is it typical of classic upgrades to have their domain members renamed and re-addressed ? Are there less-impactful ways of doing this ?

Thanks,
-Mike