Web lists-archives.com

Re: How do we know ...

On 18.01.2019 at 11:30, Lester Caine wrote:

> ' each(' is proving a lot more work ... 'How do we know' when to give up> and roll back, except at some point we have to go through the whole>
exercise anyway ... I just don't see any gain from this one at all?
Only> 433 instances in this code base ... and no quick fix I can see

The reasons for deprecating this function are outlined in the respective
RFC[1].  In many cases you can replace while-loops using each() with
foreach-loops; if you're interested in a preliminary quick-fix, you can
define your own alternative function for each.  See
<https://3v4l.org/6lL4a>.

[1] <https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecations_php_7_2#each>

--
Christoph M. Becker