Web lists-archives.com

Function name must be a string error

Hello again;

I have solved this before. But it has been too long ago.
I don't remember what the fix was;

file with function definition:

$_funct = function(/*args*/){ // code}

class def:

private static $_proc = '';

__construct() requires file with $_funct definition
and assigns it to self::$_proc

require(/*file with funct definition*/)

self::$_proc = $_funct;

later in $_POST processing the function is called:

self::$_proc(/*args*/) // ->  Function name must be a string

There are actually more steps to this, but it would require
a lot of code reproduced here for it to make sense. This abstraction
is about as simple as I can represent it.

In the processing the self::$_proc function is being called under
different circumstances. The error occurs on the first time it is
called. So It appears that it is not a case where one particular
line has a problem and the others don't.

This has been working elsewhere in testing in the same project.

I google the error and didn't get listings for the same type of issue.

Thanks for time and attention;
Jeff K