Web lists-archives.com

Re: [PHP] cookies not remembered between browser shutdown and browser restart.. :(

> On Mar 27, 2018, at 2:18 AM, Rene Veerman <rene.veerman.netherlands@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> i have the following test script:
> <?php var_dump($_COOKIE);?>
> <script>
> document.write (document.cookie);
> document.cookie = 'abc=def';
> </script>
>
> if you load it up, you get an empty page.
> if you then refresh the page, you get that abc cookie displayed.
>
> but if you close down the browser entirely and restart it, then view the
> script output again, it doesn't show the cookie that was set earlier.
>
> what am i doing wrong here?
>
> because this used to work just fine, then it suddenly stopped working in
> both firefox and chrome.
> i'm using ubuntu and lubuntu.

The first thing I would check is if the browser prefs have been set to dump cookies
when it quits.

In the Firefox I am using, under Privacy in Preferences, there is a checkbox:
Accept from sites, and below that a sub option "Keep Until": <select/option>
I have chosen "I close Firefox" from the selection list.

I am using Firefox 54.0.1 (64-bit) on Mac OSX.

The ttl of the cookie might not be set long enough during the time the browser is
opened.

That is all I can thing of.

Best;
JK