Web lists-archives.com

Re: [PHP] Php version

Not a silly question at all.
You can find items here for incompatible and depreciated for migrating from
one version to the next.
http://us1.php.net/manual/en/appendices.php

You could then roll with something like this -- if you can excuse shell
scripts
https://gist.github.com/waja/6552974 -- was for people migrating from 5.3
to 5.4 -- which one of my hosting companies did 2 years ago.