Web lists-archives.com

[PHP] WHOIS lookups in PHP5

Here again, because of missing subject line...

Hello *,

now it is deep winter in Estonia, 20cm snow and very cold outside,
hence I stay inside and recode some older PHP stuff...

I run Debian GNU/Linux with PHP 5 and prepare to upgrade to PHP 7.

I want to upgrade my Abuse-Mail interface and like to know, if someone
know an easy way to get infos from WHOIS servers?

Currently I use shell_exec and the whois command and parse the output.

Is there a way to get a bibliothek with an unified interface or must I
realy code one WHOIS parser for each WHOIS server?

I see on the commandline while calling whois, at least 23 different
output formats which is realy annoying.

What I need is to INPUT the spamers IP address, get the Netblock, Owner
and the ABUSE EMail

Thanks in avance

Michelle Konzack        Miila ITSystems @ TDnet
GNU/Linux Developer     00372-54541400