Web lists-archives.com

Re: [PHP] Tutorial on Re-filling form data?

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 2:15 PM, leam hall <leamhall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Using PHP 5 and not OOP savvy.
>
> I have a form that gives the user options. On submit it calls itself
> and if the $_POST variable is set produces the result of the form
> choices. However, it currently resets all the form options to default
> values.
>
> Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to keep the existing form choices
> in place, unless the user changes the selection and resubmits?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Leam
>
> --

You just want the ability to have the inputs pre-selected based on user
input? Shouldn't be hard by doing the same thing you did for the actual
form submit for each input.

Ex:
<input type="text" id="username" name="username" value="<?php echo
(isset($_POST['username']) ? $_POST['username'] : '';?>" />

You would do the same with radio/check/select, but in a different manner of
course.

Ps: Your email went to spam, thus the late reply.