Web lists-archives.com

[PHP] Get out of corrupted session

Hello,

When there is corrupted or invalid data in the session, it triggers a Fatal error when calling session_start.

My problem is the data is still in the session so there is no way to get out of this fatal error other than deleting the cookie by hand.
I would like to destroy the session in case of fatal error, which seems a pretty reasonnable behavior.

Is there any way to do this ? I heard of register_shutdown_function but it seems to be called even when no errors occurs. Can the method called detect if it was called by a fatal error or not ?

I’d like a solution which works with PHP5 as well (I know that more errors are catchable in PHP7).

Côme