Web lists-archives.com

Re: [PHP] difference between indexed and associative arrays?

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 1:37 PM, Narcis Garcia <informatica@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As I understand, an associative array is exactly same as indexed array
> but with an additional "property": the key.
>

> El 04/04/17 a les 23:54, Jeffry Killen ha escrit:
> > Is there a function that will produce the difference between indexed and
> > associative arrays, without actually testing for string or integer
> indices?
> >
> > (Although I realize that arrays can be mixed string and integer indeces.)
> >
> > Thank you for time and attention.
> > JK
> >

> --

​Indexed array has key property too, difference is that key are always
indexed (as name suggest).​

Also,

$a = [2 => 'foo', 4 => 'bar', 6 => 'baz'];
$a[] = 'foo1';
$a[] = 'bar1';
var_dump($a);

​Here keys(2 and 4) stays as is and keys(1 & 3) will be skipped.​ And next
key will largest key value + 1.

Output:

array(5) {
  [2] =>