Web lists-archives.com

[PHP] Extending SplDoublyLinkedList with specific child types and avoiding strict notices

Hopefully the title says it all. Basically I'm extending the
SplDoublyLinkedList as it's better on memory than arrays, is object
orientated, and it can be extended with additional functionality more
easily. It's that last part that is causing some issues. I'm extending
to create a list class that only takes specific children. This example
will throw PHP strict notices when run, which I ideally want to avoid:

class SomeSpecificListClass extends \SplDoublyLinkedList
	public class push(SpecificChildTypeClass $item)

Has anyone else tried something like this before and found a better