Web lists-archives.com

Re: [PHP] Cannot make use_strict_mode work with custom session handler upon 'files'

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Ivan Grigoriev <greedy.ivan@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I want to implement custom session handler upon internal files handler
> similar to this: http://php.net/manual/en/class
> .sessionhandler.php#example-5380 (example 1).
>
> But with session.use_strict_mode = 1.
>
> I have been trying to test this sample code, but I can't seem to get it to
> work:
>
> ---
> session_module_name('files');
> ini_set('session.use_strict_mode', '1');
>
> class MySessionHandler extends SessionHandler{}
> session_set_save_handler(new MySessionHandler(), true);
>
> session_start();
> var_dump(session_id());
> ---
>
> After delete an existing session file and rerun script, it create new file
> with the same id.
>
> When there is no session_set_save_handler() it works as expected: new file
> is created with new id.
>
> I suppose that it is a bug, but maybe there is a solution that I can't see.
>
> --

On the documentation page it says: "*SessionHandler* is a special class
that can be used to expose the current internal PHP session save handler by
inheritance."

There is also a big warning box that says: "*Warning**: *This class is
designed to expose the current internal PHP session save handler, if you
want to write your own custom save handlers, please implement the
SessionHandlerInterface
<http://php.net/manual/en/class.sessionhandlerinterface.php> interface
instead of extending from *SessionHandler*."

http://php.net/manual/en/class.sessionhandlerinterface.php

Is what you are looking for.