Web lists-archives.com

Re: [PHP] Deprecated features in php 7.1

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 23 February 2017 15:11:57 GMT+00:00, Release Edl <
> release_editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >The script bellow is working properly under php 5.6, but not in php
> >7.1.
> >What could we do to fix it?
> >
> ><?php
> >
> >include("_restrito/conexao.php");
> >
> > $conexao = mysql_connect($host,$user,$pass,$db);
> >
> >    if(!$conexao)
> >
> >    die("Nao foi possivel conectar no servidor MySQL. Erro: " .
> >mysql_error());
> >
> >  mysql_select_db($db) or die("Nao foi possivel usar o banco de dados.
> >Erro: " . mysql_error());
> >
> >    $pagina = $_GET['pagina'];
> >
> >    $banco = mysql_select_db("mensagem");
> >
> > $busca = "SELECT * FROM portfolio ORDER BY id DESC";
> >
> > $total_reg = "5";
> > if (!$pagina) {
> >    $pc = "1";
> >} else {
> >    $pc = $pagina;
> >}
> >
> >$inicio = $pc - 1;
> >$inicio = $inicio * $total_reg;
> >
> >$limite = mysql_query("$busca LIMIT $inicio,$total_reg");
> >$todos = mysql_query("$busca");
> >
> >$tr = mysql_num_rows($todos);
> >$tp = $tr / $total_reg;
> >while ($dados = mysql_fetch_array($limite)) {
> >
> >?>
> >
> >Thanks in advance for any help.
> >Att.,
> >Paulo
>
> You shouldn't be using the mysql_* functions, and they've been deprecated
> for years. I'd recommend using PDO instead.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
>
> --

Your options are (listed form best to worst):

1) Upgrade your code to use PDO or MySQLI (most code change)
2) Use a MySQL PDO wrapper (least code change) like
https://github.com/AzizSaleh/mysql
3) Downgrade and do nothing

If the above file is the only file accessing MySQL then I suggest you
change it to PDO/MySQLI it would be easy and a good learning experience. If
however, you are using an old framework or custom code that doesn't easily
support the upgrade use a wrapper.