Web lists-archives.com

[PHP] Re: How to escape a local path so fopen() doesn't consider it a URL?

On 20.12.2016 at 07:58, Jesse Schalken wrote:

> fopen() supports being passed a URL for use with other "stream wrappers"
> besides the local file system.
>
> If I have a local file path that happens to look like a URL (for example, a
> file called "data:foo"), what is the correct escaping or manipulation that
> I have to do so that fopen() doesn't consider it a URL and it gets passed
> verbatim to fopen() in C?

Use an absolute path, or at least some qualification, such as
`./data:foo`.  That is sufficient to tell PHP that you're not trying to
access a data URL.  Whether it works, depends on the filesystem (doesn't
work on NTFS for instance, where colon is a reserved character).

--
Christoph M. Becker