Web lists-archives.com

Re: [PHP] How to escape a local path so fopen() doesn't consider it a URL?

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 2:06 AM, Adam Jon Richardson <adamjonr@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 1:58 AM, Jesse Schalken <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> If I have a local file path that happens to look like a URL (for example,
>> file called "data:foo"), what is the correct escaping or manipulation that
>> I have to do so that fopen() doesn't consider it a URL and it gets passed
>> verbatim to fopen() in C?
>>

> I believe you can use the backslash (\), as is noted in the documentation
> related to the use of Window's paths that utilize the backslash instead of
> the forward slash. That said, I also thought that the path had to begin
> with a valid scheme (e.g., "protocol://"), so I'm not sure "data:foo" would
> prove troublesome (but I didn't have time to test anything before hitting
> the hay.)

And, to clarify, I should have said, "I also thought that the path had to
begin a valid URL (in contrast to merely forming a URI, which doesn't have
to show the means of retrieval), ...

Tired, I am.

Adam