Web lists-archives.com

[PHP] Re: var keyword deprecation/removal

Greetings, Tim Streater.

>>> expecting the vast majority of users to rename every function ( on of
>>> the proposals for PHP7 ) or switch to a strictly typed method of working
>>> is simply not going to happen, so I have no problem with people adding
>>> new extensions which allow these different sytles of working as long as
>>> the underlying procedural style of working is maintained in as BC a way
>>> as possible, so things like 'var' and a number of the 7.1 deprecation
>>> proposals simply destroy BC with little gain to a pure OO based version
>>> of PHP anyway.
>>
>> All those who want to work with a 100% pure OO language should stop using
>> PHP and switch to Java. Stop complaining about the quirks in PHP because
>> there are quirks in every language. Stop trying to make the language perfect
>> as your definition of "perfect" does not match that used by others who are
>> more than satisfied with "good enough".

> Strict typing is something languages should be moving away from. As fast as possible.

And comparing two strings numerically, even if conversion of a string to
number changes the content of the string, and explicitly invalidates any
attempt to get meaningful results, right?

--
Sincerely Yours, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@xxxxxxxxxxx>