Web lists-archives.com

[PHP] [PHP7][Bug?] What is the difference between 'boolean' and 'bool'?

Good Morning everyone :)

I'm somewhat confused about "boolean" and "bool" in PHP7. I only
found a documentation of the "boolean" type[1], which seems to imply, that
"bool" is merely an alias for "boolean.

But that doesn't seem to be the case, as "bool" behaves (in some cases) totally
different than "boolean" (as a type).[2]

As I couldn't finde any kind of documentation about this and google wasn't
helpfull at all, I'm asking this mailinglist in hope for an answer to the
question "what is the difference between 'boolean' and 'bool'".

---
Korner, Daniel

[1]
http://php.net/manual/en/language.types.boolean.php