Web lists-archives.com

Re: [PHP] is_readable fails with a variable parameter

On 29/09/2015 17:51, Tommy Peterson wrote:
I am using a PHP API that uses is_readable as a check before a particular function does anything. The problem that I am having is that if I do something like

is_readable($file_path_name);

my code terminates as is_readable says it cannot read the file or there is a permissions issue. But if I go to the file path/name in $file_path_name (echoing it out to make sure) I can see and open the file.

If I edit the same code and do something like

is_readable("/path/to/the/file/filename.zip")

the same code executes just fine.

At first I thought the variable was some how getting over written. But it isn't. It is just somehow the variable is not be interpolated correctly by is_readable like a hard coded path/file name is.

Any thoughts?

This is on Linux. And this is PHP 5.4.43

Is this a web based request or a CLI process? If it is the former then see that the web server user/group has permissions to read not only the file in question but also can scan all the directories in the path to the file...

HTH
Rich