Web lists-archives.com

Re: [PHP] Capturing part of regex search

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 7:06 PM, Aziz Saleh <azizsaleh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 6:59 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Aziz Saleh <azizsaleh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> caffeine
>> into

>> of
>> >>

>> > If the names will always contain double quotes, it should be as easy as:
>> >
>> > $var = ' "John Doe":/cr/johndoe/ or "Jane Smith":/cr/janesmith/';
>> > preg_match_all('/".*"/U', $var, $res);
>> > print_r($res);
>> >
>> > U to make it ungreedy (its greedy by default). If there are other quotes
>> > in the text, you can add the colon to the expression as well.
>> >

>> Thanks. There might be other quotes in the article, so if I include the
>> colon, it'd be before the /U?
>>

> Yeah, you might also want to do a select to avoid getting the actual
> quotes:
>
> preg_match_all('/"(.*)":/U', $var, $res);
> print_r($res[1]);

Thanks so much, that worked like a charm. Just realized that it will grab
all links in the article. (These are PHPTextile formatted links). So if I
want to narrow it down to just the links with /cr/ is this the correct
escaped forma:

 preg_match_all('/"(.*)":\/cr\//U', $var, $res);