MySQL Enterprise Backup 8.0.14 has been released
- Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 14:16:51 +0100
- From: Bjorn Munch <bjorn.munch@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: MySQL Enterprise Backup 8.0.14 has been released
MySQL Enterprise Backup 8.0.14, a new version of the online MySQL backup
tool, is now available for download from the My Oracle Support (MOS) website
as our latest GA release. This release will be available on eDelivery (OSDC)
after the next upload cycle. MySQL Enterprise Backup is a commercial
extension to the MySQL family of products.
MySQL Enterprise Backup 8.0.14 supports only the MySQL Server 8.0.14.
For earlier versions of MySQL 8.0, use the MySQL Enterprise Backup
version with the same version number as the server. For MySQL server
5.7, please use MySQL Enterprise Backup 4.1 and for MySQL Server 5.6
and 5.5, please use MySQL Enterprise Backup 3.12.
A brief summary of the changes in MySQL Enterprise Backup (MEB)
version 8.0.14 is given below.
Changes in MySQL Enterprise Backup 8.0.14 (2019-01-21, General Availability)
* Functionality Added or Changed
* Bugs Fixed
Functionality Added or Changed
* mysqlbackup now supports encrypted binary and relay log.
See Working with Encrypted Binary and Relay Logs
* mysqlbackup now supports the --ssl-fips-mode option,
which controls whether mysqlbackup operates in FIPS mode.
See FIPS Support
* An apply-incremental-backup operation failed with an
error (RDR1 ERROR: Unable to remove relaylog files from
full backup) when the incremental backup was created with
the --compress option. (Bug #28366241)
* mysqlbackup quit unexpectedly during an
apply-incremental-backup operation if the backed up
server had been started using relative paths for
--datadir and --log-bin. (Bug #28334521)
* Attempts to restore a backup of a MySQL 5.7 Server to a
MySQL 8.0 Server resulted in a strange error message
(Server_version is not obtained). With this fix,
mysqlbackup now indicates that the operation is not
supported. For related information, see Restoring a
Backup with a Database Upgrade or Downgrade
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql