[ANN] Mroonga 8.06 - Fast fulltext search for all languages on MySQL
- Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 18:41:11 +0900
- From: Masafumi Yokoyama <yokoyama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ANN] Mroonga 8.06 - Fast fulltext search for all languages on MySQL
Mroonga 8.06 has been released!
Mroonga is a MySQL storage engine that supports fast fulltext search
and geolocation search. It is CJK ready. It uses Groonga as a storage
and fulltext search engine.
How to install: Install Guide
In this version, MySQL will be automatically restarted if you had
already installed Mroonga and not installed Groonga 8.0.4 or later.
Because Mroonga 8.06 requires Groonga 8.0.4 or later but it will not
reloaded until MySQL is restarted.
The main changes are as follows.
* Supported utf8mb4_0900 family collation.
Through this change, groonga-normalizer-mysql 1.1.3 or later and
Groonga 8.0.4 or later have been required.
* ref: https://github.com/groonga/groonga-normalizer-mysql#description
* Supported tokenizer options.
* e.g.: tokenizer "TokenNgram(\'loose_symbol\', true)"
* ref: http://groonga.org/docs/news.html#release-8-0-2
* [Windows] Updated bundled MariaDB to 10.3.9.
* NOTICE: Before upgrading to MariaDB 10.3, you need to dump existing
MariaDB 10.1 databases. Then restore it after upgrading.
* [Debian GNU/Linux] Dropped Debian 8 (jessie) support.
* [Ubuntu] Dropped Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful Aardvark) support.
Masafumi Yokoyama <yokoyama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql