Web lists-archives.com

Re: mysql_upgrade then mysqld. I feel very ID-10-T PEBKAC today

Am 23.02.2018 um 15:15 schrieb Bob Eby:
2018-02-23T14:02:33.962240Z 0 [ERROR] [MY-010735] Can't open the
mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.

How do I run mysql_upgrade if the mysqld server won't start?

post the *full* errorlog and watch for invaluid config stuff

most likely start mysqld without grant-tables (CAUTION: every user with and without password works for that time from everywhere!) would break the loop so that "mysql_upgrade" suceeds and after that *mmedidiatly* start the sevrer again with permission system enabled

MySQL General Mailing List