Web lists-archives.com

RE: mysqld_multi

I DON'T RUN SYSTEMD, so that's not an option. At all. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Where do I enter the command "create table database" when mysqld isn't running? It isn't possible to launch mysqld when there's no database directory or initialized database.

You fail to grasp my problem and your answers are completely unhelpful. I did not ask for "help" commands or links to the 5200-page reference manual, as those did not supply the options required to solve MY PROBLEM. This is a community forum where members are free to post questions. Several people pointed me toward the right direction but their answers were incomplete. It was ultimately Oracle support that answered my question, for which I am most appreciative.

> they don't behave anything different if you have a single server

Really? With mysqld_multi, each mysqld daemon listens on a separate port. Each database instance gets its own environment that database administrators control WITHOUT INTERFERING with other database instances. In single-server environment, the server listens only on port 3306 and all databases run on that one port; it is not possible to shutdown individual databases, only ALL databases.

matthew