Web lists-archives.com

Re: Changing a field's data in every record

> On Feb 19, 2017, at 3:50 AM, Brad Barnett <lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> SUBSTRING_INDEX

	Thanks a million, Brad!  That works perfectly.  SUBSTRING_INDEX didn’t come up in my searches so this is the first I’ve heard of it.

	Also, as you could see, it wasn’t a true timestamp.  It is only used for viewing, not for searching or sorting, so a text field worked perfectly fine for that purpose.  However, after reading everyone’s replies, I convinced her to change that field to DATETIME and to lose the ‘@‘.  Now they have the best of both worlds - more readable data and a true DATETIME field that will be more useful should they ever need it to be.

Thanks again,
Marc