io thread very slow copying binlogs
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 09:51:38 -0500
- From: Brad Barnett <mysql-general-list@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: io thread very slow copying binlogs
I have a weird issue.
MySQL community edition 5.6.29, running Linux.
Binlogs never seem to get caught up on slaves.
I've done all I can, to validate that this isn't network or disk related.
Disk tests (using iostat and other methods) show lots of bandwidth left
on the slave and master.
Network tests, such as:
- using scp to copy binlogs directly
- using different NICs to copy binlogs
- using mysqlbinlog to snag logs (the most 'real' way I can think to
simulate the replication thread copying binlogs from the master)
All seem to show that network speed is blazingly fast.
Yet, MySQL is barely getting 4mbit/sec across the network, and
onto the disk. And that's on a good day.
Any immediate suggestions here? This seems very weird, and SQL thread is
constantly running out of stuff to process.
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql