Web lists-archives.com

Re: MacOS Server 5 problem after upgrade

Am 04.09.2016 um 16:17 schrieb Matthias Schmidt:
Am 04.09.2016 um 16:29 schrieb Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Am 04.09.2016 um 08:40 schrieb Matthias Schmidt:
2016-09-04 15:25:19 85518 [ERROR] /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/usr/local/mysql/data/mysqld.local.pid' (Errcode: 102 - Operation not supported on socket)
2016-09-04 15:25:19 85518 [ERROR] Can't start server: can't create PID file: Operation not supported on socket

the socket is created but then something goes wrong

that sounds like socket and pid are configured for the same location
what about "rm -f /usr/local/mysql/data/mysqld.local.pid" and show us your config

thanks, that did the trick and made it run, but now I just discovered that my databases are all gone …
Of course I have backups, but really no experience how to get the stuff back :(

just configure "datadir" to the correct location and get familar with mysql basics and your operating system

the content of datadir can be moved between differen toperating systems and usually even different mysql versions (given the ones of our mainserver was created on windows, moved to osx and finally moved to linux in mysql4 times while now running with maridab10.0)