MySQL Notifier 1.1.7 has been released
- Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 15:36:17 -0700
- From: karen langford <karen.langford@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: MySQL Notifier 1.1.7 has been released
Dear MySQL users,
The MySQL Windows Experience Team is proud to announce the release of
MySQL Notifier version 1.1.7, the latest addition to the MySQL
Installer for Windows.
MySQL Notifier enables developers and DBAs to easily monitor, start and
stop all their MySQL database instances. It provides a familiar
Microsoft SQL Server look and feel and integrates with MySQL Workbench.
MySQL Notifier is installed using the MySQL Installer for Windows.
The MySQL installer comes in 2 versions
- Full (150 MB) which includes a complete set of mysql products with
their binaries included in the download
- Web (1.5 MB - a network install) which will just pull the MySQL
Notifier over the web and install it when run.
You can download MySQL Installer from our official Downloads page at
Changes in MySQL Notifier 1.1.7 (2016-08-01)
Functionality Added or Changed
* The automatic migration of connections from MySQL
Notifier to MySQL Workbench can now be delayed for a
period of time or suspended indefinitely.
* An option for setting the interval to ping monitored
MySQL server instances for status changes was added to
the Actions, Options menu.
* The Configure Instance option was renamed to Manage
Instance. (Bug #24339668)
* An error was displayed when valid domain user credentials
were used to add a remote Windows service. (Bug
* Testing new connections for remote MySQL instances would
display a "High Severity Error" message. (Bug #24010582)
* When MySQL Notifier was installed using MySQL Installer,
an exception was thrown and MySQL Notifier failed to
start. (Bug #23762891)
* The SQL Editor link to MySQL Workbench was disabled for
each monitored MySQL instance or service when MySQL
Workbench was installed. (Bug #23748734)
* Validation checking identified domain\username as an
invalid format to use when adding a remote Windows
service to be monitored. Now, domain users with
sufficient permissions to access the remote computer can
connect using the domain\username format. (Bug #23746334)
* The main XML element in %APPDATA%\Oracle\MySQL
Notifier\settings.config was renamed to MySQLNotifier
from MySQLForExcel. Indentations were added to improve
the overall readability of configuration settings. (Bug
* Windows services on a remote computer were not retrieved
and could not be added to the list services to be
monitored. (Bug #23667056)
* A corrupted connections.xml file caused MySQL Notifier to
display a "Root element is missing" error message when
started. (Bug #22160640, Bug #73540)
* Attempts to subscribe to a remote Windows service for the
first time failed and returned a "High Severity Error"
message when the remote service was an instance of MySQL.
(Bug #20389122, Bug #75319)
* Case-sensitive naming prevented status changes to MySQL
instances running as services for Windows. Now, service
names for MySQL instances are added with compatible
casing. (Bug #19881188, Bug #74516)
* A "High Severity Error" raised by MySQL Notifier appeared
intermittently during installations performed using MySQL
Installer. (Bug #17825477)
You can access the MySQL Notifier documentation at
You can find our team's blog at http://blogs.oracle.com/MySQLOnWindows.
You can also post questions on our MySQL Notifier forum found at
Enjoy and thanks for the support!
MySQL Notifier Team.
MySQL General Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql