Web lists-archives.com

Re: parallel installations of mysql

Am 03.07.2016 um 00:49 schrieb Martin Mueller:
After struggling for several hours with installing an alternate installation of MySQL, I’ve concluded that this may be beyond my feeble powers but also that the official instructions are not very good. They are written for system administrators who are doing work of this kind all the time. I’m a scholar who has a reasonably firm command of SQL code but doesn’t work much at the command line. So you could say “tough luck” or you could try to be a little more explicit in the official instructions.

no, it's just easy, create a startup unit which fires up mysqld with a different config file, how that works on your OS is beyond mysqld

mysql 590 0.0 3.2 350092 82972 ? Ssl Jul02 0:03 /usr/libexec/mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf

mysql 596 0.2 7.5 888280 192620 ? Ssl Jul02 0:50 /usr/libexec/mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my-dbmail.cnf